View Single Post
Old 25 May 2003, 17:49 (Ref:609683)   #7
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
*sigh* SO it appears I'm losing then??

1. Am I the only person who thinks the new Mustang looks just as bad as its previous incarnations??

2. "The CTS from cadillac is a winner". Of what??!!

3. "as is the focus". Now, as I've mentioned previously, the only thing the US Focus serves to show is how Ford USA are quite capable of turning one of the cars of the decade into an absolute dog's dinner.

4. "There's no such thing as a 'Stupid V8'" Yes there is. When its made from cast iron, like in the states.

5. No. I have never driven an American car. I've been in this thing called a Ford "Crown Victoria" (now now. Don't laugh). It was the size of a ocean liner, very comfortable (if rather nausiating over yumps), but a "driver's car"?? No. It was no doubt incapable of going round corners.

6. I've also been in a Lincoln "Town Car" (again, no need to snigger). Again, very comfortable, the size of a small castle, like sitting on your sofa at home. But the thing is, I'M IN A CAR, NOT A LIVING ROOM. I guarentee it ain't no BMW beater (well, may be not the squishy rubbish BMW gets away with selling in the US).

7. The question above makes me sound like I've hated ALL American cars throughout history. That's not true!! The US has of course made some of the most iconic Automotive product the world has ever seen. It's what they're building NOW that I object to. It's RUBBISH!! No wonder they don't sell it in the UK (and even in Europe it's at low volumes). The cars are too big, can't go round corners, guzzle fuel at sub-10mpg and, for the most part, were designed in a 1970's time-warp and look awful. Oh, and I'd wager 95% are ******* AUTO!!

Decent cars (with admittedly cheap plastic interiors) for getting your family from A to B in comfort - GREAT. "Driver's cars"?? Not a scooby (in every sense).