View Single Post
Old 26 May 2003, 19:35 (Ref:610758)   #22
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's not a question of where you SHOULD be driving. But put it like this - your average yank won't know what the hell a "B-Road" is. And that's FINE.

But put it like this - the Chevrolet Corvette is the only car that I can think of currently produced in the USA that could be in any way shape or form be described as a "drivers car" or a "sports car". I would disagree with both those statements, but I am willing to accept that the Vette KINDA resembles a sports car. I'd call ti a "muscle car", but that's by the by.

ANYWAY. ONE car that comes last in virtually every group test in the UK ain't a great record now is it?? I'm sure it's GREAT in a straight line on a big, wide, smooth peice of tarmac that ends with the horizon. But on a "B-Road" (or an A road, for that matter), it doesn't stand a cat in hells chance. It's not a "driver's car".*

It's out of date, overweight, and thankfully NOT over here (often).

*I WOULD go on to say, with an interior and exterior like that, that the Vette ain't a great car period, but that would distract from my "driver's car" argument. Lord knows that there are some great "driver's cars" with **** interiors/exteriors (many of them Japanese).