Thread: NZV8's 2011/12
View Single Post
Old 22 Mar 2012, 21:34 (Ref:3046809)   #1063
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by promax View Post
NZV8 has never been the fastest class in tier 1.. so what's your point? well.. other than to talk about st in a NZV8 thread for the millionth time
It would seem that you deliberately need me to spell out what my point is on repeated occasions, so here you are then:

If there are two similar classes racing in the country which to the general public and not the users of this forum look pretty similar, and are powered by a V8, then the general public are likely going to go and see the one which they perceive to be (and which in reality is) faster, and flashier, and more hyped, and with the "star" drivers like Murph (whom despite the baggers here has shown that in an equal car he is fast).

That's not to say you won't get the usual crowd of followers to the NZV8's, and I would certainly go along to watch if they improve the support classes like they said they would, but you won't get "new" or "sometimes" fans without something to pull them in and some good advertising.

And as far as I can see to date, even with the new cars there is still not a big name to pull in the outsiders. And even if you don't believe it to be true, the fact is that fans follow drivers first, and then teams (and generally only if they are famous like Ferrari and McLaren or Holden Racing).

And where fans go, so do sponsors.