View Single Post
Old 6 Mar 2012, 15:29 (Ref:3036033)   #277
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i'm sorry but i have to disagree with you.

why is it renault's obligation to provide people with free motorsport every year? we're fortunate in the uk that they've stuck with us for so long, despite the unruly spectators (who admittedly, often don't know any better and aren't looked after appropriately by the circuit), the high expense of holding an event here and the huge new markets elsewhere.

funnily enough the manufacturers aren't full of cash, or willing management wanting to back motorsport. renault are the only ones out there truly supporting the sport at the moment on a long term basis.

it's only in the uk where we have this entitlement culture. i don't have a problem with the fact they're losing a family day out that many couldn't afford otherwise, i understand that completely. but i DO have a problem with the way people are expressing it. it's not a right, or a public service. it's a corporate event.

i'm sorry but if you saw it from the organisers perspective you'd see negative behaviours and feedback that says that people simply aren't interacting with the event on the level they need to sustain the wsr in the uk. again, it's a marketing strategy and motorsport business, not a public service.

your point reflects the lack of *other* motorsport events priced competitively and afforable for families and spectators. if people had a choice they'd vote with their feet. they don't have that choice. so why and how is that renault's problem and how and why is shouting at them going to help them want to bring *their* event back to the uk for 2013?

surely somebody needs to point out that the wsr event not happening this year highlights the lack of engagement with potential spectators and customers?

Last edited by bella; 6 Mar 2012 at 15:36.