View Single Post
Old 25 Sep 2023, 16:00 (Ref:4178308)   #141
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by touringlegend View Post
Am I going mad here or has one of the BMWs experience the same in a previous season.

I could swear I remember talk of WSR replacing an entire wiring loom in a car to solve the issue.

Just found the segment, and it was the turbo booster sensor, as others have said. And this has affected Hill on a couple of occasions this season, as well as others in the past. The problem is that it is intermittent and difficult to isolate.

I seem to recall that Hill had this problem earlier this year during an early race; they thought that they had overcome it prior to the next race and I think that he joined from the pits, and it was fine. However, I think that the gremlin came back during the race.

If it also happened to Collard, then it would appear to be a common problem ob the Neil Brown (I think it is) engines. Is the sensor common to all engines or just the NB ones?