View Single Post
Old 18 Apr 2024, 04:38 (Ref:4205291)   #2981
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by antnee View Post
I don't understand the Hard tyre rule, surely it will reduce the amount of strategies available?

If your in the top 10, you will use the soft in race 1 - banking on finishing inside the top 10 which will force you onto the hard for race 2.
If your outside the top 10 in qualifying, you either use hards in race 1 and aim to stay 11th or lower. Or go on softs to break into the top 10, then be forced onto hards for race 2
To a certain extent, the amount of times it will make a difference to the tyre strategy is already minimal because of the allocation for the season.

Assuming you take the softest option at R1 each meeting, and finish in the top ten at R1:

Donington R2 - Medium (no change)
Brands Indy R2 - Medium (no change)
Snetterton R2 - Hard (change if originally planned for R3)
Thruxton R2 - Hard (no change)
Oulton Park R2 - Hard (change if originally planned for R3)
Croft R2 - Hard (change if originally planned for R3)
Knockhill R2 - Medium (change if originally planned for R3)
Donington R2 - Medium (no change)
Silverstone R2 - Medium (no change)
Brands GP R2 - Medium (no change)