View Single Post
Old 8 May 2003, 02:21 (Ref:593056)   #69
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's the thing though, the IRL doesn't want a "together series", they want to kill Cart and take over what's left. That's basically what Roger Penske was getting at. That's the unified series that many of you speak of here - the IRL with a token road course or two. No Toronto, no Montreal, no Mexico City or Monterrey, no Vancouver, no St. Petes, no Miami, no Cleveland, Portland, etc etc.

I think Cart can survive if they foget about Indy completely and start to carve out their own niche. Indy would be good for the TV, etc, but that's not going to happen and Cart has to deal with it (they are). Cart is trying to compete with Indy which may or may not work. I really wouldn't mind if Cart simply became a smaller, lower budget series of mostly street/road circuits with an oval or two.
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes