View Single Post
Old 15 Jan 2012, 20:20 (Ref:3012031)   #1461
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy View Post
I've always had a huge amount of respect for Steve Rider. Arguably, he's the very best at what he does. He's as smooth as silk, as sharp as a knife but yet still manages to make everyone feel at ease. He makes 'Jake the Peg' look like a third leg
Spot on

Jake is a personable enough guy but I really feel he has got a little bit carried away with it all in some interviews he does during the race shows and his questioning technique is a bit OTT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
I am not really familiar with any of these guys as I have lived in the USA for so long now..

I listened to the auotsport interview with Steve Rider and though he sounded very articulate and seems to really know his stuff. On the other hand this chap Jake Humphrey sounds a bit over the top to me and very full of himself....
Again, spot on, imo

He is very self confident, in itself not a bad thing for someone in the media and working within F1, but you only have to look at the reponses he gets from some of his interviewees to realise that they aren't at all impressed.