Old 10 Jul 2010, 20:50 (Ref:2724556)   #56
barumba
Rookie

Canada
Bradford, Ontario, Canada
barumba should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizz View Post
I suspect that ALL of the teams are going to be in extreme conservation mode. Fortunetly this first found, of the second half of the season, starts with a very forgiving track.

(on a side note: I'd love to create some discussion on getting Mosport part of the international cup! Of course this would mean some significant upgrades to the track, and, the facility on a whole [pit lane for one], but with good conservitive marketing the ALMS can bring in the crowds, and, the long over do recognition by the local popular media.

Look, I grew up in Mississauga Ontario and currently reside in Toronto. I first learned about Morport in 81' 82'. I was lucky to have a friend of the family (Big Brother Association) took me to the track. My Son is now 14 and this will be our 4th year attending the ALMS at Mosport. The long and shory of what I want to say is, I would have never herd of the ALMS if I hadn't decided to take my Son to Mostort. When I did, I did so because I found the Mosport web site and there I choose the weekend that looked the most exciting and from that point (2007) I became a dedicated fan.

Since then, what I have found is that, I can not find anyone who has ever heard of the ALMS, although many of the Europeans I work with have heard of the 24hour/lemans. To most Canadians there is 2 kinds of racing, F1 and Nascar...
Hmm. Mosport has traditionally been one of the best attended ALMS events year over year. Try the other best sports car forum, here...
http://www.americanlemansfans.com/viewforum.php?f=3.
You will find a lot of your friends from here also chat over there, and a lot are Canucks, many from the GTA. Me included. Cheers!