View Single Post
Old 23 Jul 2010, 21:44 (Ref:2731483)   #4
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Have to agree with the above comments on Chandhok. I have been following his twitter page for a while and he is thotoughly entertaining in that, and a complete revehead. At Goodwood he was like a kid with a box of new toys, and none of them ever get thrown anywhere.... rather they are all put back in their boxes after.

Every weekend he is not involved in F1 he seems to go to a race meeting just for the enjoyment of watching, be it Moto GP, Club racing or whatever. Plus he, like many of us mere mortals, loves photographing cars of all sorts, especially those of historic merit. Last weekend he was at Brands Hatch for the WTCC and F2 on the Saturday and then on the Sunday morning he was at Rockingham for the F3 racing at Rockingham..... none of it on any official duties (like this weekend), but just there for the hell of it as an enthusiast.

Even in the situation of being dropped for a clearly less talented but financially blessed Yamamoto he accepts is as 'part of life'.

He has very quickly joined my ranks of favourite drivers. I felt sorry for him when he turned up for his first ever GP, with no F1 experience, and with a car that was still being built whilst others practiced, he still put in commendable performances given the car he was in. He never has any blame for anyone when it goes wrong through no fault of his own.

I only wish other more fortunnate drivers on the grid could learn from him on how to behave with respect and dignity, particularly a number of drivers in the very top teams of the grid.

With all this talk of who is 'the best' driver on the grid, or Alonso , Hamilton, Webber, Vettel this that or the other, I find myself always making time to read his comments, I find Chandhok to be by far the most pleasant.

He is in my mind without doubt the greatest breath of fresh air to arrive in F1 of late and I wish him the very best for a long and successful career in F1.