View Single Post
Old 14 Jun 2013, 06:48 (Ref:3262461)   #1823
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
You are correct in your reservations over the possibility of Porsche winning Le Mans in 2014. I agree, and have the exact same reservations. What I do think however, is that Porsche will certainly try, and if there is a company that can do it, it will certainly be Porsche.
Times have changed; Le Mans is not the same type of race it used to be. The opposition is different. Porsche is a different company run by different people. There are too many differing factors to allow us to make straight-line projections.

The RSR is a different story. As I have posted before, I don’t think that winning is Porsche’s main objective with the 2013 car. I’m sure that that a win would be more than welcome, but I think the main focus is on development.

BTW – Midweek Motorsport continued to talk about the current RSR having the new GT3 engine. As far as I know, this is not the case and I will try and send an e-mail to RLM to try and correct this.