Thread: jaguar
View Single Post
Old 17 Sep 2003, 11:40 (Ref:721691)   #13
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think Adam is no the right lines. Where is the desire and will to win at Jaguar/Ford that Mercedes and BMW display.

I don't see the commitment to F1 from Ford that's required at this level.

In their core business Ford are struggling and racking up huge losses, BMW and Mercedes are highly profitable - they can afford F1 at this level, Ford arguably can't.

Ford need to cut costs in their core business to stem losses, it's very hard to negotiate cost cutting with your workers, when they see millions of dollars being spent on F1 every other weekend on their TV screens.

As for the drivers, unless Mark Webbber has improved substantially as a driver over the last year or so, Wilson should at least be his equal and beat him in similar cars in F3000.

You have to question why Jaguar cannot seem to prepare two cars to the same level of performance/reliablity week in week out.

I see Jaguar as a team continually under review, no doubt Mercedes and BMW will be upping their input both (financial and technical) for next season - will we see Ford doing the same, I very much doubt it. Even talk of a pay driver at a so called 'factory' team supports this.

If Massa and Fizzi end up at Sauber, we would see a privateer team with a better driver line up than Jaguar are likely to have in 2004.

The game has been raised and I wonder if Jaguar and Ford really want to/are able to play it for much longer.