View Single Post
Old 24 May 2012, 09:16 (Ref:3078709)   #342
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaPorsche View Post
That's a shame - not that I'd wish misfortune on any of the current entrants, but I have to wonder why are there so many GTE-Am entries compared to Pro?
I'm still assuming that IMSA Matmut had the choice of which car of theirs got into the race and they plumped for the AM car which was paid for. You can understand that but that doesn't mean it's good for the fans. It seems to be the only way a number of teams car go racing. Look at ProSpeed who dropped down to AM this year.

The other disappointment was the second Pro Aston. Would have been a great boost for the class to have a second works car but I think the ACO for a number of reasons (no WEC manufacturer entry/2011 debacle) wouldn't grant them the entry.