Thread: Team US F1
View Single Post
Old 10 Dec 2009, 17:38 (Ref:2597379)   #15
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yannick View Post
Fans mocking the Team US F1 on the internet are bringing the sport into disrepute.

Sorry I thought you had to be a part of the Forumula 1 circus to do that. ...oh wait, thats probably why USF1 havent been charged yet.

Seriously....I really really hope USF1 do make it. F1 needs a US team and the US could do with a Formula 1 team and eventually a GP. However, countless pointless press releases have robbed the team of credibility, particuarly when they pull PR stunts like the original Sutton images, with same people in shot, saying they wont sell out and will put one US driver in.....followed by talks with Lopez, Wurz or others...Stupid comments about signing Danica. people who have visited saying its very very quite (admittedly that was a while back)

If they have nothing to say, then they should have kept quite and got on with the job like Manor, Campos and Lotus. These three are being more open now because they are in a better position.

You'll also note quite a few of the jokes and rumours come from people within the industry....not everything is on the internet, many of those people know stuff....

Like I said, I really hope they do make it and a) are not an embarassment and b) do take at least one US driver, even as a tester. At present it seems many of the press releases are biting them in the bum

I think their biggest mistake maybe was calling it USF1 in the first place....

Last edited by andy_b; 10 Dec 2009 at 17:44.