View Single Post
Old 19 Mar 2013, 14:39 (Ref:3221215)   #2596
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavio Galtieri View Post
For free practice I find watching a live stream on the Internet whilst listening to commentary on Radio 5 live extra far preferable to the inane giggling and private joke chatter between the Sky commentators. They are usually so busy laughing between themselves at their clever insider jokes that they actually miss what's happening on track.

Anyone who contributes to the gangster Murdoch's fortune is a mug imho.
I prefer the TV. I don't like watching things on laptops and I CBA hooking up the various IT objects around the house to the TV either.

As for people being mugs, you could say that about pretty much everything, including and probably especially Formula 1 - since I suspect Bernie is certainly on a par with Mr. Murdoch in terms of personal fortune. If you didn't buy anything or watch anything because of a moral objection to those who own or run them, then you had better get off the grid because behind just about everything (except Ten-Tenths sadly...! ) is owned and run by a hyper wealthy man or woman or group of faceless investors that you probably wouldn't want to trust with your kid's pocket money.

Sky creates a lot of employment - not just for presenters - and while the ethics of the empire may be cloudy, that doesn't mean that the people who work for them are somehow bad or that the people who purchase the service are mugs. They don't deserve to be insulted.

IMHO of course.