View Single Post
Old 12 May 2014, 22:45 (Ref:3405647)   #76
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
How much Ligier does this Ligier actually has in it? 'Cause in this class or rebranded "Morgans" and "Alpines" and "Lotuses" and "Caterhams" and "Mazdas" (+ plus engines prepared by other makes) it's becoming increasingly difficult to spot real from fake unless you know what which kind of wolf is hiding in sheep's clothes.
I see exactly where you're coming from, and agree in a lot of cases. I'm a big fan of making your own tradition rather than expropriating someone else's.

That said it seem Jacques Nicolet has put something solid into a partnership with Guy Ligier's old outfit, and for all I wish they'd followed the ancien regime Ligier numbering scheme (i.e. even JS numbers for sportscars, which I know JSP2 almost does, but it's not sequential in the JS line) I can get behind it.

Deep down there's a level of some sadness that one of the real roots of French engagement in sportscar racing (and the progenitor of the Courage/Pescarolo/Onorak/Morgan chassis), Yves Courage, isn't reflected in something like this, but I guess you can never have everything.