View Single Post
Old 29 Oct 2011, 06:01 (Ref:2978471)   #285
R4z3rw33n
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane.
R4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Great news! Hopefully it'll be a star lineup, fingers crossed for Brundle/Blundell/Johanssen or whatever combination of drivers that have raced for them previously in the Audi.
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche91722 View Post
Probably not likely, however it would be nice to see them throw another local into their R8, along the lines of what Audi did at this years B12. A bit of local knowledge at Bathurst wouldn't go astray. Who knows, Mr Skaife may be interested, plus the fact that it would certainly create a lot of interest in the 2012 race... Lowndes(?) v Skaife on the mountain in R8's.
Seems pretty likely we'll see at least one amateur driver (e.g. Brown/Dean). That being said, they've confirmed nothing other than the entry itself, thus far. Four driver entries are also eligible. So it's possible we could see some creative matching occurring in regards to PRO/AM combinations.

Utilising the skills of a local driver would definitely make sense from multiple perspectives (e.g. circuit knowledge/awareness, local sponsor backing, media exposure - it's unclear as to whether they consider the latter two factors as high a priority as any factory squad - i.e. Audi/Lowndes).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carsandmotorracing View Post
Probably factory backed Porsche Australia.
I'd heard it was in relation to a drive with a local amateur operation. Both he and the (rumoured) team would likely receive backing - as you've highlighted. Seems fairly unlikely we'll see said outfit donning a completely (or majority) professional lineup, however. It would be nice, though.