View Single Post
Old 15 Aug 2000, 07:43 (Ref:30649)   #24
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
This team atmos thing is much bigger than some pople think.

Ralf didn't gel in the 'matey' Jordan team, yet has fitted in perfectly at the 'cold' Williams Team. By the way, my claim to fame is that I was called on my mobile by Frank Williams. I was driving home from a meeting when he called me, I nearly drove off the road !!! I can bore you with the whole story if you request......

Anyway, Frentzy was the reverse to the above. With Zonta you could argue that its all BAR's fault....Using them as an example, you have to wonder about the wisdom of 'building' a team around one driver, who in JV's case nearly left the team....

JV had them by the balls and was able to use other teams as a negotiating tool. If the no 2 driver is treated as a poor relation and not given the conditions to perform well and the 'star' drivers goes off on the first lap, you are heading for no points.

Whatever anybody says about Ron Dennis, his two cars are fighting for the series, both his drivers in the top 3 and leading the constructors. Where are BAR and that is why Honda have effectively 'dumped' them as a sole works team.

BAR had a huge opinion of themselves before the car had even turned a wheel,massively overspent and are losing sponsors.......Time to wise up guys.