Old 30 Jun 2008, 12:30 (Ref:2240413)   #21
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Murray

The second DBT race was simply suberb from my perspective, the people in race control revised the start stratagey, which resulted in the whole grid being bunched correctly for the rolling start. In to paddock on the the first lap and proffessor Monson graciously spun the Lola right infront of me and I was on my way. Then at Druids half a dozen cars tangeled and I went from 11th to 4th. The safety car inevitably came out to clear up the mess and at the restart I lost 2 places to David Gathergole and a Kiwi in a Mcrae F5000. That didnt last long however as David spun at paddock on the next lap and I inherited the 2 places back again. The remainder of the race reulted in a great battle with Mike Hibberd and David Wild which I came out the better and finished 6th. The race was won by Greg Thornton in a Surtees TS11 after a close battle with 2 Kiwis in f5000's.
Your Brabham looked lovely if I may say so, Brabham

As did the rest of the cars on show. A great day out, made all the more so with the free stuff for kids, shame the ice creams were a rip off but everything else was great.

Gallery