View Single Post
Old 22 Dec 2011, 12:14 (Ref:3003153)   #2436
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
I think that Ben's official departure from Nismo may've been the final nail in the casket as far as his sportscar future, and though he didn't say it publicly, Audi was probably at the top of his LM24/WEC wish list.
I think that it is probably the other way around: Nismo did not renew Treluyer's contract because he already signed a deal with Audi.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
Only question is exactly who will go where--will Audi run 3 drivers per car, or will they have two WEC two car efforts
Manufacturers always use two drivers per car for short (6 hours) races and, as far as I can tell, more than two cars in the WEC is not an option because only two designated cars can score points.

The FIA WEC sporting regulations state:
Quote:
The title of FIA World Endurance Champion Manufacturer, LMP1, will be conferred upon the manufacturer which, specially entered in the Manufacturers’ Championship (see. Article 39 D), has scored the greatest number of points after consideration of all the results obtained by the two cars entered by a manufacturer in the Manufacturers’ World Championship (make/model mentioned on the car’s homologation form) in the general classification of the events that have actually taken place.
Contrarily, for the GTE Cup more than two cars can score point.
Quote:
The Cup will be awarded to the manufacturer, entered specifically in this Cup, that has scored the greatest number of points in the classification of the categories LMGTE Pro and LMGTE Am combined, after consideration of all the results obtained by the two best classified cars of the same manufacturer (cf. make mentioned on the cars’ homologation form) in the events that have actually taken place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverOne View Post
Porche's return in 2014 with a LMP1 car? I'm being off long time
Indeed.