View Single Post
Old 6 Dec 2013, 03:42 (Ref:3340685)   #53
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911targa View Post
I'd expect that as well. It's mostly depends on the scale of funding from Felbermayr Holding.

I've learnt that in the last event of 2011 ILMC(Zhuhai) the sole Proton entry was no longer sponsored by Felbermayr, so the #77 was in black-white rather than their traditional Felbermayr blue. I'd guess their 2013 ELMS car is in the similar situation, only at Round3 when Felbermayr Jr & Sr got a car, both entry bears Felbermayr logo.

Now Felbermayr Sr is 69 years old, could be listed as a Bronze driver, exactly what AM class line up requires next year. On the other hand Felbermayr Jr is as fast as G.Roda and should be listed as a Silver rated driver.
They'll probably have to do a bit of driver swapping before they come to a solid conclusion about what the plans are for next year.

If Horst Sr had raced in the Le Mans 24 this year would he have been the oldest competitor?