View Single Post
Old 8 Dec 2013, 04:02 (Ref:3341461)   #62
911targa
Veteran

Taiwan
911targa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think AAI is going to run a BMW GTE, since BMW is focusing on DTM and TUSC, they've no plan of selling customer GTE cars so BMW Team Brazil's WEC plan was denied, no to mention new comer AAI.

If they run a Porsche or a Ferrari, then the only professional driver allowed in their line-up should be Akira or Marco. Craft on the other hand couldn't get Mucke or Turner at LeMans since they'll undoubtedly ends up in a PRO car.

Everyone starts from zero, isn't it? 8Star have no GTE AM experience before, but winning WEC title this year with a AF-prepared car. Another example is Imsa Matmut, found in 2001, they attended only some clubsport events like the picture u post, then move up to Carrera Cup & FFSA in 2004, winning LM24 three years later. But after winning LM24 again this year, they're planning to scale back to nation-wide races next season due to cost issue, so you get what I mean, money is the key. I hate this but it's absolutely true in motorsport.

Craft, AAI, whomever got the entry will probably ends up a one-off European crew at LeMans, just have a look at Toyota Team Europe(their current WEC campaign) you'll find out how many Asian faces are there. Or Endurance Asia Team back to 2009, the Asia-named crew was exactly the crew of Perspective Racing (100percent French team, local to LeMans) with quite a few Asian.

In short, if they want to make it serious, only paying drivers, sponsors and money from them could be taken to France next June.

Last edited by 911targa; 8 Dec 2013 at 04:08.