View Single Post
Old 21 Mar 2014, 21:36 (Ref:3382795)   #25
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
But do you remember those little screens with green on black info which seemed to be updated at random i think they only lasted 2 years they looked like they should have been attached to an early PC
Possibly Simon - your memory is probably better than mine....

Quote:
Originally Posted by claude2cv View Post
My first trip was 1980, so remember the signalling pits at Mulsanne. I thought that actual timing was done at the pit lane and transmitted to the signalling pit for display when the car got that far round the track. At that time I remember that commentary was over the tannoy \(No Radio Le Mans then)and in French, with an hourly update in English. You could tell the English as they would be gathered round the tannoy at each update time. I do remember the lists given away in the village, the local papers used to make big deal about having the photo of the start as a poster.

One thing I need to do is get my slides down from the attic, scan them and upload them to somewhere accessible, no point in them being hidden when they are now historic. Fortunately a friend recently passed on to me a scanner which an handle 35mm slides. Might be something for Aysedasi's historic section ? Probably not too easy to have a slide show at the meeting

Sean
I think you're right about how the signalling pits worked Sean. The times were phoned through, as I recall.