View Single Post
Old 2 Sep 2003, 22:48 (Ref:706234)   #25
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Quebecracing
Pat has 6 years of loyal service to the Players Forsythe team. At the start of the 2003 season, Players has erased all of these years by imposing new chasis, engineers (2) and all of Tracy's requirements to Pat. He went along and struggled for some races but accepted that Players was going out and wanted a last Championship. He was disadvantaged from the start but persevered. Now, he's at least equal to PT's on track performances or better for the last few races.

True Champions do not need team orders... At the Denver race, team Players Forsythe has erased 25 years of my loyal support.
Are you suggesting PC would have been better off with a Reynard? Until recently a Reynard pretty much kept drivers out of the top 10. I don't think PC was at that big of a disadvantage at the start of the year. Tracy had a whole new team and his engineer ditched him at the start of the season. PC has been better than PT recently? I don't see that. He was in Montreal, but in Dever he qualified where he should have while PT would have taken pole without the spin. Before his crash PC was going VERY slow. We're not talking a bit slower. He must have had a problem or something, there is no reason why he should have been 2 seconds off the pace. Tracy immediately proceeded to put in the fastest laps of the race. If PC was even .5 a lap slower on merrit I would agree with you (.5secs a lap is a lot).

Another factor when comparing the two drivers: PT has been very unPT recently, taking it easy in the middle of races so he can win the championship.

I'd also like to point out that until last year I thought both PT and PC's performances were poor enough that they might have to leave this form of racing. I was happy to see PC having so much success last year. If you'd asked me then who I thought would be the points leader at this time, this year, I would have said PC.

Last edited by Snrub; 2 Sep 2003 at 22:51.