View Single Post
Old 6 Jun 2011, 14:52 (Ref:2892211)   #124
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vyselegend View Post
it would be nice to keep classics such as Spa, Monza, Nurburgring or Silverstone (maybe with a rotation system)
Exactly. But the Nürburgring GP layout is too tight in comparison with endurance classics. I'd rather have the old Hockenheim... But Spa is a better option than a German circuit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vyselegend View Post
IMHO the calandar soon has to extend to at least 10 races a season, which will be hard cost wise, as we just stated it will all be 1000km races minimum...
Quote:
Originally Posted by NelisB View Post
I don't think it's the best thing to start off with at least 10 races in the first season of the championship. It's great to think big but if you think about the privateers starting with a smaller amount of races will benefit them hugely. it will allow privateers to enter the first season to make a name for themselfs without having to pay a huge amount of money to make it to all the races. This can then be used to seek out sponsors for when the championship get's bigger.
So in my opinion they should have a maximum of 8 races in the first couple of years and try to expand after that. Making sure that the series get's popular and starts to attract crowds is the main thing they should focus on in the first couple of years...
I disagree with both. An endurance racing championship can't have so many races. It's impossible to televise all of them. I vote for 2 or 3 European races, 2 North American and 2 or 3 in other continents. Small privateers will run in continental championships.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
So we went from a championship that included Le Mans, to the FIA Sports Car Championship without Le Mans until 2003, then Le Mans Series from 2004, Intercontinental Le Mans Cup now...to FIA World Endurance Championship including Le Mans in 2012.
Hey, don't confuse European and world championships.