Thread: C7 Corvette
View Single Post
Old 28 Jun 2014, 20:19 (Ref:3427613)   #36
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
I've never driven a 911, which I need to change, but they just don't 'do it' for me.

I didn't like GTRs until I saw one parked sideways on a hill at Rd. ATL. The hill overlooking T2 if your familiar with the track. It was charcoal gray with grey-almost-black wheels, dark tint, and Dale Earnhardt tag frame. It looked GOOD.
Clarkson always joked about 911's just being a big VW Super Beetle and there is a little bit of that feel to them to be fair. I think the track 911's are great, really nice cars to drive on track. The road ones are fine and sometimes I waffle back and forth, do I want one or not? It's a love/hate thing, they have a unique feel to them and you either like it or hate it. I think the ones I like are the 1989-1995 964's or the 1995-1998 993's. 993's hold their value and 964's are not too bad right now and would probably be more affordable for me. However I see a 944 or 968 in my future first.

The GTR's have some maintenance quirks with the transmission and expensive brakes but they are modern, hard charging, grippy cars and just really good with no drama.