View Single Post
Old 1 Sep 2013, 01:25 (Ref:3296929)   #45
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Dump Indy, Kansas and Detroit. Add in Mid Ohio, VIR and anything but Indy, Kansas or Detroit.
Unfortunately, whether you like it or not, Indy and Kansas are both NASCAR-owned, and so is the USCR, so it's pretty likely that both of them will be on the schedule. Personally I found Kansas kind of interesting... quite a good race actually. I didn't survive the first 20 minutes of Indianapolis without falling asleep with potato chips in my mouth.

However I don't see what is holding the USCR to Detroit. If you look at my map, it's pretty clear that the USCR has really covered the Midwest and Northeast well. I've labeled the tracks blue if they are basically confirmed and red if there is still much debate over their existence in the future schedule. They've already got four races (five if you count Kansas) in the Midwest/Northeast in Watkins Glen, Indy, Road America, and Mosport... why do they need another one in Detroit? Personally I quite like the Belle Isle track and would trade Kansas or Indy for it in a heartbeat but unfortunately it seems like it may be Detroit that's taking the blow. Spreading the wealth to Barber Motorsports Park, VIR, or even Miller Motorsports Park would seem to be the wiser alternative.

Essentially, if Kansas and Indy are included, Detroit is probably out. However, if Kansas is dropped and it's Detroit versus Barber or VIR, there's no doubt that the vast majority of fans would pick Barber or VIR.