View Single Post
Old 20 Oct 2005, 08:12 (Ref:1438640)   #5
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sihorton
mine reads a bit like a Group B "who's who"

1) RS200
2) Metro 6R4
3) 205 T16
4) Quattro S1
5) Delta S4

Why?

RS200 - The best looking rally car ever, good as standard, great once evo'd and then absolutely fantastic when rallycrossed or hillclimbed (I'm thinking Dorans final version and the Blomqvist Pikes Peak versions).

Metro 6R4 - It's a Metro. It's fapping quick. It's plain wrong - but in a good way. Also sounds absolutely fantastic flat out.

205 T16 - Similar to the Metro in some ways, the 205 is the sort of car your granny went down the shops in. Next thing you know there's one with wings nailed to it flying past you sideways at insane speeds spitting flames from the exhaust.

Quattro S1 - The Quattro revolutionised rallying by bringing in 4 wheel drive. Not long later it started to get it's rear end kicked by the Pugs so they chopped the middle out of it and did the "let's stick some big wings on it" things and came up with the S1 (or E2 or whatever you want to call it). It's a savage looking brute of a car, none of the elegance of the RS200 or the poise of the 205 - it's just an animal of a car (good engine noise too).

Delata S4 - What's not to like? Mid engined, 4 wheel drive, lots of power. Big kudos to whoever had the guts to say "Let's stick a supercharger on it as well as the turbo". In testing at Estoril the S4 set a lap time that would have put it 6th on the grid for the F1. Manic.

The proposed group B rallysprint next year should be fantastic - I need to see these cars at full welly.