View Single Post
Old 6 Jun 2001, 04:11 (Ref:101666)   #5
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Thaks for the interest so far. I am exploring all avenues. I have been to the Australian High Commision some years back, and seen these guys with a sign VW COMBI FOR SALE hanging around their necks. Aparently this works very well.
I also want to know which country gives the best duty free deal on new cars - some years ago I read a publication that Denmark gave the best deal. Naturally, I would also want to know in which country it is the least expensive th register the vehicle.
I am not that keen on rental because this is very expensive, I have rented from Martins, and there was insufficient time to check the van out before I took it. The electric cooling system for the fridge did not work, and GAZ was very expensive on the continent. After 6 weeks, I worked it out that I would have saved a lot more had I taken the time to buy a LHD Combi Van than drive around in a rented RHD Bedford Van.
Still, the lure of buying a near new VW Eurovan, touring Europe for many weeks, and then selling it back in England in front of the Australian High Commision is very attractive.