View Single Post
Old 2 Sep 2013, 16:35 (Ref:3297890)   #70
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
Not confirmed, but Mosport was given a contract by USCR to run a race next year, we know that much.
And that's something to about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
A race at Kansas and Indy, but not a Lime Rock. Travesty, but I am not really surprised.
I think the main reason they dropped it was because they now don't have to deal with running split races. The fact is, Lime Rock is just too small to host a 40-50 car grid. 30 cars in the ALMS is severely pushing the envelope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACFlinn View Post
Just curious. What makes you think Laguna Seca won't be on the schedule next year?

Do you have any evidence?

Andy Flinn
I agree with you, Andy... I don't think there is any doubt that Laguna Seca will be back.

Look here, according to sources, there are 11 spots allotted for the 2014 USCR schedule. We already know that Daytona will be the first race, a 2014 12 Hours of Sebring is confirmed, and Indy, Road Atlanta, Watkins Glen, Mosport both have contracts, as far as I know. And by the looks of things, Lime Rock will NOT be included in the schedule.

Here's a list of all the tracks run by Grand-Am and ALMS this year:

1. Daytona
2. COTA
3. Barber
4. Road Atlanta
5. Belle Isle
6. Mid-Ohio
7. Watkins Glen
8. Indy
9. Road America
10. Kansas
11. Laguna Seca
12. Lime Rock
13. Sebring
14. Long Beach
15. Baltimore
16. VIR

That means we only have to cut five. Daytona, Sebring, Mosport, Watkins Glen, Indy, and Petit Le Mans (Road Atlanta) are "for sure", and COTA, Road America, Kansas, Laguna Seca, Long Beach, and Belle Isle have been labeled "highly likely". That knocks out Barber, Mid-Ohio, Lime Rock, Baltimore, and VIR. But we still need to cut one more off the list. If it was me, I'd obviously cut Kansas. I think the most likely to be cut are Long Beach and Kansas - Laguna Seca is a much easier event to put on (permanent facilities, more space, more grid spots, longer circuit, etc), so I don't see it taking the plunge anytime soon. Of course, there's a distinct possibility that there could be a track including that hasn't been mentioned/wasn't included in 2013 ALMS or Grand Am, like Mexico City, Miller, Portland, Sonoma, Toronto, Houston, St. Pete, New Jersey, etc.