View Single Post
Old 2 Sep 2013, 16:48 (Ref:3297899)   #71
Dodge_Swinger
Racer

United States
International Space Station
Dodge_Swinger should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDodge_Swinger should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACFlinn View Post
Kansas won't be on the schedule next year. This keeps being repeated by the anti-NASCAR people who love to grind that axe.

Devil's advocate: Lime Rock is a bit of a bullring. The USCR might have trouble fitting all the cars on the track for one race - which would require two separate races (LMP/DP/LMPC and GTLM/GTD). This would not necessarily be a bad thing.

Back in the '80s, the IMSA Camel GT usually split the classes (GTX/GTO and GTU, GTP/GTPLights and GTO/GTU) at Lime Rock into two - sometimes three - races. However, IMSA usually didn't have broadcast restrictions to consider.

Come to think of it, this could be an issue for Laguna Seca as well.

I hope both circuits get dates.

Andy Flinn
According to Skip Barber, the track owner, he doesn't beleuve USCR is coming to Lime Rock next year. He said LR is going to beef up their World Challenge event to compensate.

Liime Rock is being dropped for reasons unrelated to the QUALITY of the venue. racing, atmosphere or history. We're going to get Kansas instead, because NASCAR signed a contract with the track. Of course it has to be honored, but Kansas does nothing to mprove the series to anyone outside of NASCAR. I'll look at Kasas' web site again, but I don't believe there's infield camping during roval events. I'd rather have Mid- Ohio than Baltimore (and I WALK to Baltimore), VIR instead of Indy, etc. however, it's going to be politics over quality in Grand-Am 2.0/USCR.