Thread: IMSA Race TUSC Round 4: Laguna Seca
View Single Post
Old 27 Apr 2014, 04:14 (Ref:3398609)   #59
Dodge_Swinger
Racer

United States
International Space Station
Dodge_Swinger should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDodge_Swinger should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
People might respond to the one post I just made ... but I am considering the entire history of TUSC's laughable BoP attempts, going back to when they dithered around so much a Private Team (SDR) had to make its own parts and say, "See, this is how it's done."

Even that wasn't enough. Relying on their Data and Interpolating and Extrapolating from their recorded statistics, they... completely screwed up.

They did no testing, made no effort to do testing, counted on private teams to do the testing for them, when of course those private teams were testing completely other things, completely skewing the data.

Still they relied on their recorded statistics, and extrapolated the DPs into three race wins.

Wow, you mean simulations and calculations aren't the same as reality? No!!!!!!!

TUSC has yet to actually take a car of each type, set them up identically, and have neutral drivers do laps to actually Test (not extrapolate, not calculate, not imagine) what their proposed changes would do.

Think about it. These cars are going to Test these changes During a Race. If the changes are incorrect, half the P-class field gets screwed—again.

TUSC is too cheap to buy an old P2 and an old DP—or rent one that is or is not running in the series now—and actually TEST their proposed changes.

If it works, pats on their own backs for all. If not—still, pats on their own backs for trying so hard.

B ... S.

They could hit-or-miss their way through this entire season, without ever getting it right.

On the other hand ... how many hours do Audi or Porsche spend just to test one car? When BES or FIA want to BoP GT3s, do they rely on simulations and calculations?

Hmmm ... wonder why not?

(For the record, I think that at Laguna Seca 15 bhp Might be enough to even the two types of P-cars. But thinking a thing isn't anything even vaguely related to Knowing that thing ... )

I have a lot of respect for Scot Elkins and I know he has a hard job to do, but I am not such a complete fanboi that I am not going to call BS when I am wading through it. I am sure he will say he doesn't have the budget for it ... which is then an indictment of management higher up.

How many times did Ed Bennett and Scott Atherton say, "We know we only have one chance to get this right"?

When do you suppose they will actually take that chance?
IMSA is allowing the fans to "partner" in their proto R&D adventures! Make the fans pay to see if their calculations and predictions and simulations work out.