Thread: NZV8's 2011/12
View Single Post
Old 6 Nov 2011, 23:40 (Ref:2982539)   #86
brown dog
Racer

brown dog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbrown dog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by foggy View Post
Hi Conrad, we did, and have developed a real neat system for quick wheel changes, but were scuttled at the last minute by the powers that be...an amendment was issued to teams, but does not seem to have found its way onto motorsport website.
In my humble opinion, nascar style 5 lug wheel nut changes are far more entertaining and skilful than a stinky centre nut
Hi Foggy,

Yes the Nascar style system is more entertaining, but even that is far more developed than the average punter realizes, as I am sure you know!

Oh well at least you were thinking about the wheel change ahead of time, and looks like you nailed it anyway, even without the trick system!

[QUOTE=EZY PEEL;2982531][QUOTE=brown dog;2982410]
Quote:
Originally Posted by EZY PEEL View Post

Ok, I do not have the rules in front of me (that is Kev's job) but as it is explained to me the nuts must be able to fall free from the wheels.

I am Angus's Jack Man (and Kevin was on the gun) so I thank-you for the compliment. We practised very hard and knew both of our exact jobs and speeds and had rehersed multiple back-up plans for possible curve balls. I believe it payed off too. (Driver was happy and that is the main thing).
Yep as I said, you guys really nailed the wheel change, and that was quite obvious from the sidelines, well done!

Did the results from Race 2 stand?

Conrad