View Single Post
Old 2 Jun 2006, 19:42 (Ref:1625663)   #10
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i think really the porker RS LMP1 if it comes to fruition will be based on the LMP2 car, think about it this way, they have a LMP2 car which is pretty much as fast as the LMP1's and also they have a great base to work off and really all they would do is tart up the aerodynamics of the LMP2 machine, have wider tyred, turbo the V8 from the LMP2 machine and they would probably also need a new gearbox to handle all the power and it would probably be ballasted to about 900kg or thereabouts but i cant see them rolling around in LMP2 especially with audi and next year peugeot and at current the pescarolo's in LMP1 and also honda has its plans for lemans glory first with a new LMP2 car and then an LMP1 car but whether that bears fruit like many of the other japanese lemans efforts remains to me a bit sceptical, when a japanese team enters lemans they usually have a lot of experience, the best drivers, the fastest car, a reliable car and a shed load of money to get were they are, just the japanese at lemans have had the cruelest of luck, toyota in 1998 and 1999 was one of the worst pieces of luck ever but a 3rd place finish isnt all that bad, hoepfully we will see nissan back at lemans soon and maybe mazda with a LMP car, i know i would