View Single Post
Old 31 Jul 2014, 15:10 (Ref:3440443)   #107
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is Ron Dennis ignoring his own teams failures and blaming the drivers. Button is a proven WDC, much like Alonso, and has hardly put a foot wrong this season. Magnussen has so much potential, and will learn from the driver with the best race craft in the field alongside him. Alonso will likely hamper his progress as a driver (lets face it - he was hardly beneficial for Felipe Massa in his comeback)

I for one am not a huge fan of replacing either McLaren drivers with Alonso, because McLaren need to fix their problems with long-term solutions, not 2 seasons of miracles from their lead driver until he fades/retires, which would then leave them with the same problem to face again.

If I was Button I'd be wondering what I'd have to do to get respect from team owners. If winning a WDC, outscoring Lewis Hamilton across 3 seasons together and hammering Sergio Perez in a way that not even the Hulk can in a single season isn't enough, then what is?