View Single Post
Old 3 May 2003, 18:30 (Ref:1581260)   #15
Chris Townsend
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Chris Townsend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've just spent the entire day going through the 1974 UK Atlantic season. Only three genuine 74Bs appear in the series:
the Wella car for Wentz [1] [and I can check Mr Planer by going back to the story in Motoring News about Wentz being given the car.]
the Stiller car for Bev Bond [12] which was blue, so that tallies
the Brown car, for Bobby Brown and Dave Morgan early season before Brown takes it to USA.
Walkinshaw never appears in a March, when he does race it's in a Modus M3, which he writes off at the British GP support race. So, either the entry for the first round, for which Andrew has sent me a copy of the programme, is a fantasy on Tom's part or he cancelled the order.
I'd suggest that the Brown car is number 8, as his cars were Blue
Spitzley's car was a converted 713M even though often described as a 74B

I'd say the remaining cars all went to the US/Canada, where I have the following owners so far.
David Loring
Cliff Jensen
Team Canada: Gilles Villeneuve
and a second car for George Follmer at Trois Rivieres in Sept which is either new then or a spare through the season. These cars were White with Schweppes logos, maybe 10 and 11?
Reg Scullion
Depaillier has a new car for Trois Rivieres which I suspect isn't on this list.
Spitzley's car was yellow, and I wonder if the semi-kit is an update for him.

Any ideas on the base colours of the Loring/Jensen/Scullion cars?
Also, Allen, if you're following this, are there more 74B users in your N.American magazines that I haven't got here?

Last edited by John Turner; 15 Apr 2006 at 20:12. Reason: Chassis Archive edit!