View Single Post
Old 11 Oct 2010, 15:18 (Ref:2773177)   #264
TRuss
Veteran

TRuss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTRuss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I completely don't understand how having a single seat in the center of the cockpit will turn prototype racing into a greater F1 like spending war than it already is. The cars are already based heavily on formula cars with the raised noses and all of that stuff. Having one less "seat" isn't going to change anything. It's doubtful that it would even make a major visual change. And I don't see how it would affect a prototypes road relevance either. They are only relevant in the technology and systems being developed. To me this rule is as archaic as the people who grumble about the raised noses and that stuff. Complaining that's it's too formula like. It doesn't matter. It's a race car and it's only priority is to go faster than the competition within a set of given regulations. F1 cars are fast, so naturally they will influence the design of other cars as long as the regs will allow it. It doesn't matter what it looks like. Besides. Nobody important is asking us what we think about all of this anyway. So why stress it?

The really funny part is, that F1 engineers would kill for the opportunity to run fenders (also an archaic rule) and maybe even closed cockpit. I bet that'd really **** some of you off.