View Single Post
Old 20 Jul 2010, 17:32 (Ref:2729716)   #1185
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Northcutt View Post
Very interesting read written by Gordon Kirby that has quotes from reps from the other four manufacturers.

They run the full spectrum...DeltaWing is hacked and Ashmore's design company (not necessarily BAT) will probably do an aero kit.

Lola and Swift yet to decide.

http://www.gordonkirby.com/categorie..._is_no245.html
Lola I think knew they were getting screwed. They definitely are not interested in paying 200K in taxes to the hulmangeorge slush fund to have the opportunity to sell aero kits.

Delta Wing, they make me sick with Dan Partel's comment about social and environmental "responsibility". Well bud I don't drive race cars in the pursuit of environmental responsibility and I don't know any other driver that thinks the same. Motor racing is an escape from all those whiners and motor racing never has been and never will be about being a saintly green man.

I don't like delta wing but if they want to start another open wheel war, I wont stand in their way, go for it.

Ultimately, I don't think you'll see many develop and sell aero kits. With the associated costs I don't see anyone making a profit.

And lets say a couple of companies did. Well I don't think those extra little farkles with different wings and such will really stimulate fan interest. Time has moved on, fans have moved on, and it's a tiny ripple in the sea. Not enough to bring back the old folks and not enough to stimulate interest in the younger crowd either.

You only have to look at last weekends disaster in Toronto. This is a race that used to pull 80000 people on race day and now they could only scrape up around 10000 people with friday and saturday being totally deserted. Couple of little different farkles on the car are not bringing those crowd numbers back.