View Single Post
Old 20 Jul 2010, 18:10 (Ref:2729744)   #1194
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Northcutt View Post
I agree with a lot of this, mountainstar...

Especially the DeltaWing rant...Just choke down those sour grapes and race your dildo cars elsewhere...and get off of the Green Garbage...I don't go to races to care about ec-friendly cars...I want them fast and sexy-looking...

Besides, look at how the Panoz DP01 'saved' Champ Car...

this new chassis and kit combo won't attract any new fans at all...it might shut up some that wanted more variety, but there are MANY, MANY other major things wrong with IndyCar that need to be fixed if it is going to survive, let alone grow.
Champcar I think had a great opportunity back in 2004 to come up with a new rules package to open up some innovation and interest and instead they took the same narrow focused retreat and cut costs to the barebones. And that barebones approach sent them right to the poor house and the series gradually out of business. They really could have taken what was best about CART, put a new spin on it, kept the innovation going and I think they would have been fine. It didn't help either the business was run like a weekend hobby business.

Someone had a great column in the past few days about indycar cutting "costs" and following the path of retreat and at the same time the sport continued to shrivel.

The DP 01 BTW was a great car overall and very racy, but again nothing innovative or new, not enough to change the course when so many other problems existed. When I am old and hopefully financially successful, I would definitely want one to race in historics. The guys racing over in Euroboss with them in Europe got theirs for around $50K.