View Single Post
Old 20 Jul 2010, 18:16 (Ref:2729746)   #1195
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar View Post
Champcar I think had a great opportunity back in 2004 to come up with a new rules package to open up some innovation and interest and instead they took the same narrow focused retreat and cut costs to the barebones. And that barebones approach sent them right to the poor house and the series gradually out of business. They really could have taken what was best about CART, put a new spin on it, kept the innovation going and I think they would have been fine. It didn't help either the business was run like a weekend hobby business.

Someone had a great column in the past few days about indycar cutting "costs" and following the path of retreat and at the same time the sport continued to shrivel.

The DP 01 BTW was a great car overall and very racy, but again nothing innovative or new, not enough to change the course when so many other problems existed. When I am old and hopefully financially successful, I would definitely want one to race in historics. The guys racing over in Euroboss with them in Europe got theirs for around $50K.
I saw the DP01 up close at PRI in Orlando a few years ago sitting next to a Lola that it replaced...The Lola looked like a bi-Plane sitting next to a Stealth fighter jet (Panoz) when you compared the two chassis side-by-side...

I liked it, too...very racy and very cool-looking...shame they aren't really racing elsewhere except Euroboss

One American Open Wheel Series!