View Single Post
Old 18 Dec 2005, 19:17 (Ref:1486181)   #16
Audi R8R
Racer

Audi R8R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SALEEN S7R
This is a motorsport "discussion forum" Audi R8R that means every aspect of the sport can and probably will be discussed at one time or another, whether it be peoples opinions on Teams sponsorship, driver performance or team performance or anything else you may wish to mention. The people above have every right to air their own personal views on a public discussion forum, just as you do.
I didn't say that people weren't allowed to do it Saleen, I said they shouldn't, there's a difference.

Which would you prefer, lots of racing cars with lots of professional drivers giving great racing.

Or a handful of outdated sheds being thrashed around three or four times a year because no one can afford to run at the front?

Sorry, but a fans opinion as to whether a certain brand or company should actively be involved in supporting a team isn't warranted, in my opinion (see, that's where the discussion forum part comes in! ) Does a team owner ask all the fans whether they should sign a multi million dollar sponsorship deal? No, but a marketing man might read it and think twice about being associated with motorsport because of it, which could drive money away from a part of motorsport which is still in desperate need of it.

But then, I suppose in this day and age anything and everything is open to public ridicule and disection. So why should that be any diferent?!