Thread: BTCC Coverage
View Single Post
Old 9 Nov 2023, 18:08 (Ref:4185269)   #41
cameronpoe
Rookie

cameronpoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcameronpoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I speak to the NAPA media team at every round, they are pleased at the level of engagement they get on the Social Media through BTCC, they are looking to ramp up again 2024, they have a dedicated team and this costs money which I accept not all the teams can compete with but the idea is to lift the series as a whole along with the NAPA brand awareness which I personally think they are doing. I have probably been to 98% of BTCC rounds since 2015 and I think the crowds have held up and in some cases strengthened, the New Junior Formula will be really good and should attract lots of entries, its easy to be a little "snobby" about racing in Europe but anybody who is looking for Pro-Career in either F1 or WEC will be needing to spend at least £6-7m in case of F1 and probably closer to £10m to get noticed and around £3m -£5m to get near a (Factory Seat) in WEC, so these are massive numbers that only a few people from the same social demographic can afford. The BTCC offers a chance of something different, I know many people on this site believe there a no Professionals in BTCC, but the current champion turned down a paid seat in Supercars, and my own son races as a full professional as do others, so I think the Junior championship will have different appeal to different drivers and there families who are all pretty switched on as to what is and is not possible.