View Single Post
Old 28 Apr 2009, 14:40 (Ref:2451626)   #12
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
This is an old soar trotted out by those with little or no attention span and the PR numpties with an axe to grind. In particluar the boss of the BTCC used this to bring in Supertouring. If you want to see racing then no matter what size of engine, as long as there's racing what's complicated?

Your scenario suggests that a grid of 10 cars of the same size is better than a grid of thirty cars of differing class. Apart from the problems of costs for running separate races, the spectacle is lost. IMHO this is why the dreaded contact was allowed in the BTCC and which has crept into other areas of the sport. It "sexed up" what was basically a pretty bland package.
I think you misunderstood what I said. I am all for multi class racing, but I would prefer separate championships for each class like it is nowadays done in sportscar racing and as it was done in the BTCC earlier this decade.

As for the Procar-series: Sadly, I don't think this series can properly show what good multi class racing is all about, the gaps are just too huge and the fact that divisions II and III are pretty much exclusively occupied by old Fiesta- oder Clio-Cup cars doesn't help either.