View Single Post
Old 21 Apr 2010, 05:57 (Ref:2677098)   #687
JagtechOhio
Veteran

United States
Powell, Ohio USA
JagtechOhio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJagtechOhio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is from Gordon Kirby's interview with Randy Bernard from Monday night:

"I would love to see a completed decision by June 15th," he remarked. "So there's a tremendous amount of work we have to do in a very short time."

OK, Tony Cotman is on the panel. I don't know if he is busy designing another race track right now, but he is still steward for the Indy Lights. He will be busy at Kansas and Indy in May.

Brian Barnhart is on the panel, so I presume he has time to devote to race preparation and supervision for Kansas, and the last two weeks of May. Texas is the week after Indy.

He's also involved in froming the rules oversight committee that Bernard said was to be formed immediately.

Eddie Gossage is on the panel, and his IndyCar race is the week after the 500. Busy guy, I didn't look to see what else might be on his plate.

Gil De Ferran is on the panel, he is working with his team for both races, and adding a second car for Davey Hamilton for Indy. Maybe Kansas too, I forget. Running two cars at Texas. Another busy guy.

Rick Long is on the panel, he builds the engines for the Indy Lights. Maybe he hasn't been too busy, but that might be changing right about now as preparations for Indy gear up.

So how often are these guys going to get together with Looney and the other members to examine and discuss the proposals?

When I think about the ICONIC panel, I imagine all the members in a conference room interviewing each of the "salesmen". Lots of wall charts, slide shows, spec sheets. Lots of Q&A. For five different sales teams.

That doesn't include discussion about the engine choices, if there are any.

So how is it really going to work? A lot of zipped files zipping through the ether? Emails and tweets? I'd hope they are meeting right now, and quite a bit after the Kansas race, 'cause June 15th isn't very far away.

They have an awful lot of work to do, unless a lot has already been decided.