View Single Post
Old 25 Sep 2023, 09:20 (Ref:4178239)   #133
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuart thompson View Post
Should we just change Sutton’s name to Moses? I think he paid
Half the field off there didn’t he?

Realistically, what would the point be for holding up the two main drivers fighting for the championship. They probably know full well that they are not going to be able stop them till the end of the race and in all probability it will slow themselves up trying to defend the inevitable. And they probably have far more important battles to fight.

Let them go and then get on with their own race, because otherwise they may be accused of interfering with the results of the championship.

Fifty odd years ago, I had the pleasure and privilege of racing against one of the best drivers of that time, the great Gerry Marshall who became a good friend, and sometimes if he was behind me and I knew that he was quicker, I would let him get by without to much trouble. However, on the rare, and I do mean very rare, occasions that I knew that I was quicker than him, I left it up to him to work out if he could overtake.

It was what I would call mutual respect which never required the use of "paint swapping" or a "push to pass".