View Single Post
Old 19 Sep 2012, 09:06 (Ref:3138310)   #2582
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
I prefered the single roll hoop like the original Courage C60 , and the original Panoz P1 , as you can see below , but for that scaffolding network of horrible tubes which cost 40,000 to convert and never worked well causing way too much drag down long straights .

This was awful !!!
Oh, I actually preferred that Panoz

For me, the R8R is much prettier than the R8, mainly because of the hoop.

But I guess it's down to what you grow up with!

One question I have - and I appreciate this is off-topic, but I've aways wondered and never had an answerr - why did these coll cages suddenly dissapear in the early 2000s? Was it a regulation change, or did all the prototype teams have an epiphany?