Thread: Tech Issue The Sound Of The V6 Turbo PU..
View Single Post
Old 18 Mar 2014, 13:37 (Ref:3381471)   #36
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Pigal View Post
It seems the majority of posts here are positive about the new sound & I couldn't agree more, I really like the fact that each engine has it's own sound, I doubt that anyone could tell the difference between a Merc & Ferrari V8, but the turbos have all sorts of subtle sounds going on I'm all for that. Louder is not better!! It really irritates me when Bernie starts talking these days, F1 is so much better that that, Tamara Ecclestone, please put your Dad in a home!

Something I was dissappointed by was the lack of on screen graphics, I was looking forward to seeing what these engines revved to for starters.... 12,000..... 13,000 I've still got no idea (sure they won't use 15,000 as the power will tail off due to 100kg/hr limit). Also surely the FIA now has the data to show (on their on board shots) ERS power, Fuel left, fuel flow, DRS active, etc. Here's hoping to see this soon, last year the FIA had most of it already so what's the problem now?
I didn't notice the lack of graphics, but now you mention it they should really be displaying all sorts of information - energy stored, recovery rate, usage rate, fuel flow etc etc. That would be 'quite interesting'.
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.