View Single Post
Old 26 Oct 2013, 14:42 (Ref:3323330)   #247
The Happy Track Fan
Racer

Canada
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
The Happy Track Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am not overly impressed with the schedule, but its not going to change so I am not going to whine any more about it.

I am also done with my angst against IMS and Indy Car for what they did to Randy Bernard last year.

Face it. The racing is good. Most of the drivers are good. The cars - at least to me - look and sound nice. If the product on track is good, I will be interested in going.

So. Having said that. I still think the management at IMS are boobs. I think a six month on - six month off schedule is absolutely insane. I am not sold on the Indy road course at all. I also detest most of the street races, especially the absolutely cruddy ones at Toronto and Houston, and to have double-headers at those two while Mid-Ohio and Barber have single events and places like Road America are forsaken borders on criminal.

I see three races next year which I have an interest in attending that are feasible for me to get to. Detroit, Mid-Ohio and Pocono. That's it. I will get to one and maybe even two.

One nice thing is the Pocono race now at 500 miles. Very cool.