View Single Post
Old 2 Feb 2012, 23:10 (Ref:3020742)   #68
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
The absence of Peugeot aside, I can't say I agree at all. GT-Pro is depleted by a couple of cars but I think there will be close battles up and down the field. Maybe I'm biased because I'm paying to attend it but it's more than I could have hoped for a couple of weeks ago.
The abundance of Pro-Am type entries (and the Wang) do not excite me much. I used to like P2, but it's starting to look like a LMPC type class with different looking cars. That's just my take on it and I'm sure others will disagree. The Am drivers and possibility of BoP (plus questionable regs on top of that) kind of make the class kind of blah to me. GTE-Am, again, that does nothing for me really. The Pescarolo Dome news was certainly a shocker and the presence of the HPDs will be a boost to the P1 lineup, but I don't think Toyota can provide the excitement that Peugeot did last year. I could be wrong, but I'm not going to count on that at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
There are some pretty steep fines for skipping rounds though, IIRC.
Yeah, but those fines might still be less than the cost of traveling to these races and doing another enduro. The biggest factor, of course, will be that teams may not get invited again if they stop showing up. With pay drivers, however, they can just change teams in 2013 and save the money of having to pay their 2012 team for the second half of the schedule. I'm guessing the ACO is looking more at which teams have been loyal rather than which pay drivers have been loyal and it can be difficult to figure out which pay driver is going where.