View Single Post
Old 17 Apr 2014, 16:25 (Ref:3393975)   #1783
911thillclimber
Veteran

911thillclimber should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid911thillclimber should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I have bought a few bits from Dermot recently and was dreadding having to go there and get them because i would see the car.

I'm too old now to have that car and do something other than hillclimb with it, but would have loved to build the car (money pit).
You would need a good £20K to build it strongly for the track again and i want to retire early!
However, if I sold the Lola for good money I think that would have been a financed retirement project to keep me busy..oh how tempting, but I doubt the Lola will sell well, esp in one piece, maybe £16K broken and sold off.

Just a great looking period piece that Skoda.

And so will the DrE Ghia be too!
Way back I did have a possible route to getting a body off those moulds he still has and even phoned him about it.

The Ghia body would be a major project and it is too long to fit in my shallow garage.

I've tried through Lee Costello's site to find who has any moulds for the Skodas but seems they are not around anymore.